Sunday 12 December 2010

A hat, a dance, a fair and lots of snow

Did it again, didn't I? *sigh* Took an unplanned and unintentional blogging-vacation...
So what have I've been up to these past weeks? Honestly, not so much, hence the sparse posting. To begin with, I spent one week searching for a paper note. One week! It was a small note that had the vital information about the hat my brother had chosen and I was going to get for him for his birthday. After I got that note, I've moved and... So in the course of The Great Hunt of the Note I turned appartement, drawers, shelfs, bags and moving boxes inside-out. And no success. In pure desparation I winged it, thinking "How hard can it be?". I knew the brand, had a memory of the charachteristics of the model and guessed the size, and I was right!

Joakim, very out-of-charachter, agreed to model the hat for me and even let me post the pic here! Doesn't he look just like a 30s reporter? Keen for news, pen and paper all ready, glasses and hat in place =)

I was in Stockholm for a weekend, teaching dance at a medieval event. Lots of fun! Met some great people, learned a couple of new dances myself and had the rare oppurtunity to dance to live music in the evening. The musicians were amazing!

A snap-shot from a class.

I came home to a very cold Umeå, before it had been covered in snow, now it was almost buried. I love sitting by the table at noon, looking out at frost and snow. Even the windows becomes pretty! =)
2nd of Advent it was The Christmas fair of Gammlia, always a good fair to get in the mood of Christmas. Extra good this year, with all the snow! (We always get lots of snow, but sometimes it melts just around the beginning of December to come back later with the true cold).


The camera didn't approve of the cold, though, so only these two photos from that day. Look a bit closer at the snow on the trees, it's almost hanging beneth the branches!


All from the winter up here!
Report on the creative side of my life: the darkness and work has left me with little energy for sewing these past weeks. This quiet weekend has rekindled it, though! I've taken a break with the coat, figuring it's not going to be done for Christmas anyway and I need to sew something I can finish quicker, just to feel that I have finished something. What better than a Christmas dress in a lovely red eco double-knit? =)

I hope that you're all having a lovely 3rd of Advent! (Can you belive it's already 3rd of Advent?!)

Love, Erika

4 comments:

Lauren said...

How pretty! And that really is proper snow, nothing like the dusting we had in the UK!
The dancing looks like fun, more pictures of events like that please!

Erika said...

Thank you, Lauren! I'll try to do better with posting pictures from the medieval events. Historical outifts are very interesting, and as we play between years of 600-1600, there's always a variety of styles to enjoy!

Kitten loves vintage said...

Jag gillar kappan du har på sista bilden, och blev givetvis intresserad av att se nån bild på juliga klänningen sedan när du fått ihop den också. Bra gissat med hatt-storleken annars, jag har gett lite vinkar åt min fästman att det skulle vara trevligt att se honom i hatt nån gång, men hittills har det inte nappat...Kanske jag borde köpa en åt honom? :)

Hoppas du har det stresslöst och skönt såhär inför julen, sköt om dig! Kram!

Sewingadicta said...

Lots of snow and very cold! Where I live there's no snow, I never saw it ..... The photo of your brother is adorable, he looks like a real reporter.