Wednesday 14 September 2011

Playtime for the kids

Last weekend I went to Luleå to visit Malin, Johannes, their daughter Alva and baby son Milo. They moved to Luleå in January, and I miss them so very, very much. At a dance-night recently I missed them like crazy and I decided I had to see them. Now! =)
It's a 4,5 hour train-ride so I sewed together the trouser-toile I'd failed to sew the evening prior used the time to hand baste the new toile for Johannes trousers. I love travelling by train!


One of the delightful things about spending time with kids is that in the pretense of playing with them, one can forget about acting one's age and enjoy good ol' fashioned playtime. Like swinging. In a swing, not on a dancefloor. Can't remember the last time I did that!


I love the look of Malin in this picture - like a shepherd guiding the lamb =)


Johannes found a contraption one could swing back and forth, using the whole body. After the photo was taken we all climbed up and got the pole moving =) 


A tradional slide-ride is a must, and it was apparently much better with daddy making a tunnel at the end. Alva deemed me and Malin too short to make good tunnels...


The hat also wanted to take a slide ride. We know this to be true since Alva said so =)



And adorable little Milo slept through the entire thing.


The rest of the weekend I played with Alva, cuddled Milo, drank tea, ate food and just sat around talking. A wonderfully relaxed and relaxing time! Now that I've discovered it's fairly easy to quick-visit them, I plan to go to Luleå a bit more often.

Thanks for a great weekend, Malin and Johannes!

Love, Erika

2 comments:

Malin said...

Och tack till dig Erika för att du förgyllde en vanlig "vardagshelg". Det var underbart att få umgås med dig. Och att få äta smarriga scones! Snart ses vi igen =)

Erika said...

Vanliga helger där man bara slappar tillsammans är ofta underskattade. Så skönt att bara hänga!
Vi ses om några veckor!Känns bra att det inte blir så långt mellan gångerna denna gång =) Kramar