Sunday 13 February 2011

Shopping spree

I had a few errands to run, and then I wanted to have buttons made for the coat (the wool is so thick I figured it was smart to leave it to a professional). So how did I end up carrying so much home? Lol!

I went to the lovely Sidenateljén, and as always had a great time chatting with the charming lady who runs the dressmaking/fabrics-shop. This is what ended up in my bag:


Buttons (total of 8, so I have a few extra), lace for the red slip I'm making to match my red dress, and lining material for a slip to my sister Kajsa (late birthday present).


On my way home, I stopped by the big fabric store and bought this, also for Kajsa. I'll be making her a coat for fall! I know, I'm crazy... =) But this fabric had her name written all over it!



A visit to Make up store resulted in me now owning lipstick suitable for work and everyday life.

As for sewing, I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere with the coat! The back is sewn together, and today I'm making the bound buttonholes. This was my first attempt at it, so I did three trial-holes first. I think it's going to look good, but one never knows for sure until all the pins are out and the piece is ironed, right? =) Some photos of what I've been up to:


It's been a really quiet and productive weekend, couldn't have wished for more! And to top it off, the last episode of BBC-production "Sherlock" is about to start in a few minutes. Time to make tea and gather the handsewing supplies!

Oh, and a quick photo of a hat I bought from Tradera (Ebay):


As you might have guessed, I have a thing for hats... And this one was too cute to pass over! =)

Love, Erika

6 comments:

shoppingtokig mamma said...

jag vill inte vara påflugen men läste i en blogg att du sökte vardags läppstift
har du testat mary kay någongång?
Där finns många olika nyanser samt en bra lip primer :)

Erika said...

Shoppingtokig mamma; tackar för tipset! Nu är jag nöjd med det jag hittade på Make up store, men ska hålla ditt råd i bakhuvudet när det är dags för en uppdatering =)

Kitten loves vintage said...

Mm, hatten ser lovande ut! Om du inte märket det så har jag också "a thing for hats" ;) Kul att arbetet med kappan framskrider, ska verkligen bli spännande att se resultatet :)

Erika said...

Kitten; jo, jag har noterat att vi är själsfränder i hattfixeringen =) De är ju bara så himla roliga, kan helt ändra en enkel outfit! Om kappan, så har jag fått lite motivering av den åtenvändande kylan. Nästa vecka är jag bokad mest halvdagar, hoppas det inte ändras så borde jag hinna sy en hel del. Trevlig helg!

Kim said...

Hej!
Jag söker oxå efter ett bra vardags läppstift, vilken färg eller vad heter ditt från Makeupstore?

Erika said...

Hej Kim! Läppstiftet heter helt enkelt "Pink". Jag använder det med en matchande penna från make-up store (tycker om att ha läppstift och penna från samma ställe) och MAC Prep + prime, vilket går att köpa online från Kicks om det inte finns i ens hemstad. Kicks i Hötorgsgallerian i Stockholm har det, om man är i stan. Kostade runt 150-200, klart prisvärt! Skyddar både läppar och läppstift.